The Liaison teacher’s role is crucial in assisting students in their preparation for the Snowy River Campus and maximizing the transfer of learning from the Snowy River Campus (SRC) to the home community. They have the responsibility of: to
- assisting students in their task of identifying and designing a community learning project
- preparing them to attend The Snowy River Campus
- supporting them during their time away
- spending time with them at The Snowy River Campus
- assisting them in re-integration and the promotion and transfer of their experience
It is expected that Liaison staff be given a time allowance to fulfill these responsibilities.
It is also recommended that staff download and read the following document:
The following provides an outline of the areas that need to be considered by the Liaison School:
A Guide to the Role of the Liaison Teacher [Updated June 2012]
This manual is designed to help you understand what it is we do here at the Snowy River Campus. It is also designed to help guide you with some of the professional expectations and assist with personal challenges of working with students who are located a distance away from you.
- Preparation Phase
- Support at The Snowy River Campus
- Visit to The Snowy River Campus
- Reintegration Phase
All Liaison teachers are required to complete and return a medical form prior to their visit to The Snowy River Campus.